Friday, April 17, 2020

CCR








I had lots of very good ideas for my CCR. The one I went with was the wackiest I had.  I knew I wanted it in a Talk show format, but I knew I wanted to do something different as well. I decided to shake up the normal by having the host as my dog. weird for sure, but it allowed me to only deal with one human actor, that being myself. I decided to have no visual aide because I feel like I do a very good job describing the programs we used. also, the sudden cuts to the dog sitting looking silly while the subtitles are showing that she is asking a very thoughtful question. I also thought to add laugh tracks when I said something funny, but I did not add too many, for two reasons. One, I did not want to overuse laugh tracks in a largely informative interview. Second, I was really not that funny. I spoke to a theoretical audience to further prove my point and failed to crack jokes. I added applause in the beginning to establish an audience. I had fun just talking about the film. before writing my script I was unsure that I could talk about it for so long. Now, I realize just how much I know about that movie! I could have removed some of my pauses, but I wanted the ecstatic character I was playing to have to stop and think, to give the impression that he was not rash and thinks before he speaks. After cutting out lots of footage, the final time was just over 10 minutes. I feel that this CCR Does its job adequately. I am going to miss editing. I really enjoyed this class. It opened my eyes and I met some new friends. I had ups and downs, but in the end, I really had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment