Friday, April 17, 2020

Music Video



This is our second project of the year in our AICE Media Studies class. We first had trouble deciding a song that we could make a competent or at least funny video out of, but we found a very suitable one. Again, our storyboard artist did a great job of giving our whole group a great feeling on what we would do when we arrived at the beach. sadly, due to family circumstances, I was not able to attend the filming stage of our project. I felt bad about this, so I volunteered to edit. This was my first real dive into editing, and I enjoyed every second. I had a blast stringing videos together. Making the final cut perfect gave me lots of joy. The time given to complete the project was short, but my team made the most of it and we are overall very happy with this project. looking back, however, I wish I added many more visual effects to spice up the viewer's experience. maybe adding some artificial sun glare on the first viewing of the lobster, or a sound effect or two. The acting may have not been our best work, but we were inexperienced with non-dialog acting. Both of them do their best, and they serve their purpose. My favorite part about this film is the backdrop. the beaches are beautiful and make a superb atmosphere for this wacky beach story. The playground was also a happy accident, as my groupmates made the most of the slides. The props also were very important. instead of opting for a real lobster stuffed animal, we wanted the viewer to revel in the ridiculousness of the situation and instead opted for a crab with a lobster label. Even past some regrets, I am sure both I and my group are happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment